Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Choices

The choice is yours...

Question: Do you believe there is something you can specifically do in the next seven days that would make your personal, family and business life worse? Chances are good you did a double-take on that one and rhetorically responded, "What does she mean, 'make it worse'?"

O.k., next question: Do you honestly believe there is something you can do in the next seven days that would make your personal, family and business life better? Chances are astronomical that you answered "yes" to that one.

With that in mind, let me pause for a moment and ask you, do you believe the choice is yours, and do you believe that every choice has an end result? Now, let's think it through as I make the observation that if you were serious with your answers, you just made a profound statement.

Here's what you said: "I don't care how good or bad my past has been, I don't care how good or bad my circumstances are at this moment. There is something I can specifically do right now that will make my future either better or worse, and the choice is mine."

That thought is truly profound. Think about it. You can do something about your future. To dramatically improve your odds at making it better, you must accept that responsibility. Two-time Pulitzer-prize winning historian Barbara Tuchman said that America's number one need is people who accept responsibilities.

Action step: Make the right choice, take action on that choice, keep your thinking sound and persist, persist, persist - because if you do, I will enthusiastically say to you that I'll SEE YOU AT THE TOP! ~ZIG ZIGLER

No comments: